SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
- Baptisms are generally held on the last Sunday of the month. Requests for a different date and time will be honored to the extent possible. Parents and sponsors who have not yet received the required baptismal instruction are expected to do so by attending our baptismal preparation program. Call the Parish Office well in advance so that class arrangements can be made.
- In preparation for infants’ baptism, please note that parents must register at the church office. They must present a copy of the child (children) Birth Certificate and schedule an appointment with the parish priest one week prior to joining the classes. God parents must obtain a “Good Standing” letter from their pastor.
SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
- Anyone wishing to have his or her wedding celebrated at Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral must contact the Church Office six (6) months prior to the celebration by calling (340) 774-0201 or by message through our web-page at www.cathedralvi.org.
- The Sacrament of Matrimony is generally celebrated on a Saturday between the hours of 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. However, if you would like a different time for your wedding, please contact the pastor. Saturday mornings are reserved for cleaning and decorating the church. Please see the section below for complete details.
- Please contact the priest nine (9) to twelve (12) months in advance for pre-wedding counseling. A Wedding Handbook is available in the Parish Office, which provides information on preparing for a Catholic marriage.
- Funeral Masses at Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral are held on the designated day at 9:30 AM. If you would like a different time, please contact the pastor. Viewings will not take place inside the Cathedral and funerals are generally not held on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). Thank you for your cooperation.
SACRAMENT OF ANOINTING - MINISTRY OF THE SICK
- Please contact the Parish if you or a loved one are hospitalized, confined to home or a nursing facility, or have some other emergency, and would like to receive the Eucharist and /or the Anointing. Hospitals and healthcare facilities no longer routinely inform churches when a parishioner is admitted.
HOLY FIRST COMMUNION - CONFIRMATION
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES (CCD) are offered at Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral to First Communion and Confirmation candidates.
- To enroll your child to our CCD program: 1) Please download and fill out the Registration Form on our Religious Education page. 2) Return the form to the Parish Office along with copies of the certificates for the Sacraments the child has already received. It can be dropped at 2322 Kronprindsens Gade, St. Thomas, V.I. 00802 or mailed to Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral, P.O.Box 1767, St. Thomas, V.I. 00803. 3) A contribution of $30 per child is requested. Your are encouraged to make your donation online with a mention: Religious Education 2020-2021. A check can also be mailed along with your documents.
SICK & SHUT-INS
- If anyone in your family is ill, please inform the Parish as soon as possible. Give us their name so we can pray and minister to them. Visiting them will add to their relief.
- Mass Intention envelopes are available in the Church Office. Intentions will not be taken over the telephone; you will be contacted if necessary. If the date you have requested is already taken you will be given the available date nearer to the date previously requested. First come, first served basis. Please put your $10 donation inside the envelope, seal it and give to the secretary.